Renters Rejoice—we value you (and your possessions)
When it comes to real estate, renters can sometimes be overlooked. But at SGIO, we understand there’s a lot of value in what you own in your home (even if you don’t own the property itself). And, we want to make sure you’ve got the cover to be well taken care of.
Have you ever added up the value of your contents? Or, what it would cost to replace them?
Discover how much your contents are worth, with our calculator.
Calculate the current value of your contents
New for old replacement
From as little as $4.90 per week, SGIO Renter’s Contents Insurance can give you new for old replacement on your contents and belongings. This includes large items, like your fridge, TV and whitegoods and the smaller stuff like your laptops and Hi-Fi Systems.
When it’s not your property, we understand you have less control over how secure it is, and whether or not damage might occur in future. It’s why our Renter’s Contents Insurance has been designed to cover your contents, and give you the ability to add optional covers, if you think you need it
Let’s face it, WA isn’t the small community we once were. We might still be friendly, but not every guest is invited, which is why getting cover for your contents—especially when renting—can be a good idea.
Want more? We’re giving you the option to choose.
If you prefer a little extra peace of mind, we’ve got a number of options that you can choose from to increase your level of cover, like:
- Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your General Contents, e.g. the motor in your fridge - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your contents
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
Because there’s no place like home, our Home Plus includes all the features and benefits of our standard Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover that’s full of pluses, like:
- Up to a 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured, for extra costs to replace your contents if needed.
- Automatic cover for accidental damage to your contents and burnout of electric motors (Fusion).
- Identity theft, up to $5,000 to cover legal costs and for replacing your documents
- Temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable after an incident we cover, for up to two years.
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFS) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.
Why choose SGIO Insurance?
- New for old replacement on contents insured
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history