Cover to Reduce the Risk of Renting your Property
Investing in property can be exciting, but renting it out can be risky. If there’s damage to the property, the costs of repairs and loss of rent can become very expensive. And, if your tenants default on their rent, the costs of recovery can quickly add up. We can help.
Protect your Investment Property with Landlords Insurance
SGIO Landlords Insurance can not only cover your investment property and its contents, it also offers rental income protection. With our cover, you can be protected against renters who default, associated legal costs and loss of rent if a property cannot be lived in due to damage.
What level of cover do I get for my money?
- Rent default up to $5,000, plus associated legal costs up to $5,000^
- Cover for loss of rent up to 12 months while your property's being repaired as a result of an incident we cover#
- Theft and attempted theft by tenants^
- Malicious damage or vandalism by tenants^
- Liability cover up to $20 million.
^ We will deduct from your claim four times the weekly rental amount in addition to any excess that applies. A valid rental agreement is required.
# Covered under Landlord Buildings Insurance only. A valid rental agreement is required.
So, if you own an investment property in
Why choose SGIO Insurance?
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history