Home Contents Insurance
Get Cover for your Contents that’s as Good as New
While your memories are priceless, your possessions can hold a lot of value, too. Should your home be broken into, or damaged, the cost of having to replace some or all of these contents at once, could be very high. We can help, with our Home Contents Insurance, which you might be surprised to learn, can start from as little as $4.55 per week.
New for Old Replacement
Our Home Contents Insurance offers new for old replacement as standard on your household contents and belongings. It’s peace of mind for your possessions, and applies even if you accidentally leave a window or door unlocked.
Which is great news for West Aussies, because some of us are a bit forgetful when it comes to locking up. But, if an uninvited guest arrives, you’ll be glad to have your contents covered by an insurer that understands the local market.
- Furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs
- Electrical items
- Home theatre equipment
- Clothes and shoes
- Bedding, towels and other manchester
- Toys and sporting equipment
- Handyman tools
- Gardening equipment
You might be surprised to learn how much your contents are worth. Estimate the current value of your contents with our calculator.
Calculate the current value of your contents
Want more? We’re giving you the option to choose.
If you prefer a little extra peace of mind, we’ve got a number of options that you can choose from to increase your level of cover, like:
- Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your General Contents, e.g. the motor in your fridge - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your contents
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
Because there’s no place like home, our Home Plus includes all the features and benefits of our standard Home Contents Insurance, with additional cover that’s full of pluses, like:
- Up to a 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured, for extra costs to replace your contents if needed.
- Automatic cover for accidental damage to your contents and burnout of electric motors (Fusion).
- Identity theft, up to $5,000 to cover legal costs and for replacing your documents
- Temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable after an incident we cover, for up to two years.
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFS) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.
Why choose SGIO Insurance?
- New for old replacement on contents insured
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history