Home Buildings & Contents
One Cover, Many Surprising Benefits
By choosing to combine your Home Buildings and Contents insurance, you’re choosing the simplest way to protect both your home and your belongings, with one easy policy. And, you might be surprised to hear that we include structures like your garden shed or in-ground pool—pleasantly surprised, we hope.
What events are covered?
- Water and oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
- Vandalism or a malicious act
What contents are covered?
- Furniture, furnishings, carpets and rugs
- Electrical items
- Home theatre equipment
- Clothes and shoes
- Bedding, towels and other manchester
- Toys and sporting equipment
- Handyman tools
- Gardening equipment
*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake).
Plus, we’ve got heaps of additional options, so if you’d like to add a little more protection to your policy, say for your pet or your portable possessions—you can.
Cover Your Home, Inside and Out
From the house to the garden shed, the garage to the in-ground pool, and almost everything in between, our Buildings Cover can protect your home from the costs of repair and rebuilding. Costs that can quickly add up.
Inside your home, we understand your possessions are just as valuable, which is why our Contents Cover is essential if you want new for old replacement on your contents, even if you accidentally left the door or window unlocked.
Some things are just better, together.
Like fish ‘n chips by the beach, some combinations just work. It’s why combining your Home and Contents insurance into one policy, might be right for you.
Use our handy calculators to find out how much your house and contents are worth.
Want more? We’re giving you the option to choose.
If you prefer a little extra peace of mind, we’ve got a number of options that you can choose from to increase your level of cover, like:
- Portable Contents cover for items you take when you leave your home, e.g. jewellery, a laptop or luggage
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home and contents, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your home and contents
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
Because there’s no place like home, our Home Plus includes all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings Insurance, with additional cover that’s full of pluses, like:
Home Plus offers the following cover:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the general contents sum insured for extra costs to replace your contents if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Plants, trees and shrubs up to 2,000
- Identity theft up to $5,000
- Credit card theft up to $5,000
- Temporary accommodation for up to 2 years
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFS) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.
Why Choose SGIO Insurance?
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- Lifetime guarantee on the workmanship of repairs we authorise
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history