Home Buildings Insurance
Buildings Insurance that gives you peace of mind
For most people, just the thought of anything bad happening to your home is devastating—but should something disastrous actually happen, knowing you have enough cover to repair and rebuild, is a big relief.
While damage to your home is never a pleasant surprise, we’d like to think the cover we offer has plenty of good ones.
Our Home Buildings Insurance covers your home for damage, as well as other physical structures on your property, such as your garage, in-ground pool, shed or fence. And for complete peace of mind, we also have a guarantee for the workmanship of repairs that we authorise for the lifetime of your home.
With such incredible weather, it’s easy to forget that not every wind that sweeps our state is as welcome as the Fremantle Doctor. Our severe storms can cause a lot of damage, which is why you’ll be glad to know your home is covered by an insurer that gets WA weather.
- Water and oil leaks
- Theft or attempted theft
- Vandalism or a malicious act
*Damage caused by the sea is not covered (except tsunamis as a result of earthquake).
We know what your home means to you—but it’s really important that you also you tell us what it’s worth, so we can make sure you’re adequately covered.
Our home buildings calculator can help you calculate what it would cost to rebuild your home today, so you don’t end up paying too much, or find yourself short.
It’s best to know what it would cost to rebuild your home, so there’s no nasty surprises if disaster strikes.
Calculate the current cost to rebuild your home
Want a little more peace of mind? We’re giving you more choice.
We offer a range of policy options to increase your cover. These little extras can make a big difference:
- Fusion - burn out of electric motors that are part of your home, e.g. ducted air conditioning - includes service call, parts and labour costs
- Accidental Damage to your home
- Pet lover's pack covers up to $2,000 for vet costs if your cat or dog gets hurt in an accident
Home Plus, our highest level of cover
Because there’s no place like home, our Home Plus includes all the features and benefits of our standard Home Buildings Insurance, with additional cover that’s full of pluses, like:
- Up to 25% safety net on top of the buildings sum insured for extra costs to rebuild your home if you need it
- Automatic cover for accidental damage and burn out of electric motors (fusion)
- Plants, trees and shrubs up to $2,000
- Temporary accommodation if your home is unlivable after an incident we cover, for up to two years.
To choose Home Plus simply complete a standard Home Insurance quote and then select the 'Upgrade to Plus cover' option.
Please read our Home Key Facts Sheets (KFS) which set out some of the events/risks covered and not covered by our home policies and other information you should consider. These sheets do not provide a complete statement of the cover offered, exclusions, conditions and limits that apply under the policies. You should carefully read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and all policy documentation for more details.
Why Choose SGIO Insurance?
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- Lifetime guarantee on the workmanship of repairs we authorise
- Flexible excess levels to help reduce your premium
- Fast, paperless claims and 24/7 Helpline
- Experience – we've been insuring Australians for over 90 years
- No Claim Bonus - receive up to 25% No Claim Bonus if you have a good claims history