Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle Insurance
Like a fine wine, shouldn’t everything get better with age?
At 90 years young, we certainly think so!
At SGIO, we also appreciate the classics. It’s why we like to make sure your vintage or special occasion car is well covered.
Is your car older than 15 years?
If it is, and you use it primarily for hobby or recreational purposes, drive it up to 9,000 kilometres per year, or use it as a special occasion hire car—say, for weddings—then it can be covered by our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance.
It’s about understanding the needs of old cars (and their drivers).
Our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance gives older vehicles the love and respect they deserve. So, whether you drive a veteran (pre-1919), a vintage (1919-1930) or a classic (15 years or older) vehicle, we can provide cover for its agreed value against accidental damage, theft, fire, storm or flood.
Providing the incident occurs during the period covered, we can cover your claim for loss or damage to your vehicle and for your liability, up to $20 million.
In addition, you will receive the following benefits# and additional features:
- Emergency repairs
- Keys, locks and barrels
- Personal items
- Storage costs
- Temporary cover
- Trailer or caravan damage
- Windscreen, sunroof and window glass damage
- Traveller Care
- Helpline benefits
Please read our Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle Insurance policy booklet for more details.
#Other benefits are not available for stationary engines we insure.
Why choose SGIO Insurance?
- Help if your vehicle breaks down more than 100km from home within Australia
- Choice of repairer
- With the Loyalty Discount, the more eligible policies you have and the longer you stay with us, the more you can save
- Cover for the agreed value of your vehicle
- Option to keep your damaged vehicle if it is over 35 years of age at no cost
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs we authorise
- 24/7 Helpline assistance
- Experience – we’ve been insuring Australians for over 90 years