Buzz Insurance FAQs
What does closing Buzz Insurance mean for me?
If you have previously held a Buzz policy with us
- You can still communicate with us online about your policy.
- You can take out a policy through one of our other insurance brands and you can still interact online through these as well.
- If you're in NSW/ACT/TAS/QLD visit www.nrma.com.au
- If you’re in South Australia visit www.sgic.com.au
- If you’re in Western Australia visit www.sgio.com.au
- If you’re in Victoria visit www.racv.com.au
How can I contact you?
- Email – email@example.com
- Fax – 1300 729 878
- Mail – PO BOX 9871, Sydney NSW 2001
Why did the Buzz Insurance close?
Insurance Australia Group has other brands including NRMA Insurance, SGIO and SGIC. We have decided to close Buzz Insurance and focus on selling insurance through other websites.
What happens if I need to make a claim?
- You can make a claim at any time, please refer to How to lodge a car claim or How to lodge a home or landlords claim.
What happens with my claim?
- Our Claims team continues to process claims as normal. If you would like to check on the status of your claim, email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I resolve a complaint or dispute?
Step 1 - Contact us first - If you have a complaint, please contact us.
If there’s still no resolution, we can refer you to, or you may request to speak to a Team Leader. Our Team Leader will try to review and respond to your complaint as soon as possible. If they require more information they will aim to respond within 15 working days of receipt of your complaint. If there’s a delay, the Team Leader will tell you and let you know the reason for it.
Step 2 - Contact Customer Relations.
If the Team Leader cannot resolve your complaint or you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to our internal dispute panel, Customer Relations or you can choose to contact them by phoning or writing to:
- Free Call: 1800 045 517
- Free Fax: 1800 649 290
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Customer Relations, Reply Paid 62759, Sydney, NSW 2000, Free post (no stamp required)
Customer Relations will treat your complaint as a dispute and assign one of their staff members to conduct an independent review of the matter. Customer Relations will contact you with a decision usually within 15 business days of receiving your dispute.
Step 3 - Seek an external review
If you’re not satisfied with the decision, or we have not finalised the review of your complaint within 45 days, you may wish to seek an external review. Customer Relations will provide you with information on external review options, such as referring you to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS). The FOS is contactable on 1300 780 808