Buzz Insurance FAQs

What does closing Buzz Insurance mean for me?

If you have previously held a Buzz policy with us

  • You can still communicate with us online about your policy.
  • You can take out a policy through one of our other insurance brands and you can still interact online through these as well.
  • If you're in NSW/ACT/TAS/QLD visit
  • If you’re in South Australia visit
  • If you’re in Western Australia visit
  • If you’re in Victoria visit

How can I contact you?

Why did the Buzz Insurance close?

Insurance Australia Group has other brands including NRMA Insurance, SGIO and SGIC. We have decided to close Buzz Insurance and focus on selling insurance through other websites.

What happens if I need to make a claim?

  • You can make a claim at any time, please refer to How to lodge a car claim or How to lodge a home or landlords claim.

What happens with my claim?

How do I resolve a complaint or dispute?

Step 1 - Contact us first - If you have a complaint, please contact us.

For policies email us at or for claims email us at

If there’s still no resolution, we can refer you to, or you may request to speak to a Team Leader. Our Team Leader will try to review and respond to your complaint as soon as possible. If they require more information they will aim to respond within 15 working days of receipt of your complaint. If there’s a delay, the Team Leader will tell you and let you know the reason for it.

Step 2 - Contact Customer Relations.

If the Team Leader cannot resolve your complaint or you’re not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask for your complaint to be referred to our internal dispute panel, Customer Relations or you can choose to contact them by phoning or writing to:

Customer Relations will treat your complaint as a dispute and assign one of their staff members to conduct an independent review of the matter. Customer Relations will contact you with a decision usually within 15 business days of receiving your dispute.

Step 3 - Seek an external review

If you are unhappy with the decision, you may wish to seek an external review. Customer Relations will provide you with information on external review options. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may lodge a complaint:

With the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) if lodged on or after 1 November 2018:

Time limits may apply to lodge a complaint with AFCA, as such you should act promptly or otherwise consult the AFCA website to find out if or when the time limit relevant to your circumstances expires.